Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Watching the Sunset on the Beach w/Smoked Salmon Pizza Part 2

Wolfgang Puck Style Smoked Salmon Pizza

This is Part II of our time on the beach during sunset.  I posted about making Retro Clam Dip in Part I :o)

I love getting this pizza when we go to Spago or some of Wolfgang Puck's other restaurants.  I knew that it wasn't that hard to make, so decided to finally make it.  It is pretty easy and oh so tasty!  It's a perfect pizza for the beach because you don't have to worry about it getting cold.  I would definitely make this and the clam dip again. 

Link to Wolf's recipe...

I changed the recipe a bit...I didn't use Chili Garlic Oil, I used Dill instead of Chives, I didn't add caviar and I used less Salmon :o)

Red Onion's on Pizza Dough

When I made pizza in the past, my dough kept getting huge air pockets and I'd have to poke them after taking it out of the oven. (I linked my past pizza post.) I researched how to get rid of those and it turns out it's very easy!  Just poke the dough all over with a fork before baking!  I usually par-bake the dough before putting toppings on it, but with this one you don't bake most of the ingredients.


Out of the oven...

It seemed like I baked the dough too crispy, but after putting the Sour Cream/Cream Cheese spread on it the crunchiness was perfect!

Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Shallots, Dill, Lemon & White Pepper

I linked the recipe of the Dill Cream Sauce, but I added some Cream Cheese to it.  It just seems like Smoked Salmon needs Cream Cheese ;o)


Spread on the Pizza...

The spread goes on top of the baked red onion. You just have to be careful that the onions don't bunch up or move around too much...

Smoked Salmon, Dill & Capers...

The rest of the munchies...

Retro Clam Dip, Kettle Brand Krinkle Cut Salt & Pepper Chips, & Cherries :o)

Love Sunset Time :o)

Caipirinha Cocktails!

Yum!

28 comments:

  1. Awww it must be so nice, just sitting by the beach and eating this delicious pizza!!! Such a luxurious evening! Your pizza looks delicious Kay. The crunchy texture of your pizza is perfect for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kay, that'd be the perfect sunset topping. I used to doubt smoked salmon on pizza, until one day I had a cream cheese, capers, and dill combination. It's one of my favourite salmon bite (and I don't like salmon that much).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect meal for a perfect sunset. Wish I was there. You have great taste when it comes to choosing pizza-delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful meal served in a drop-dead gorgeous setting. What a treat that must have been! Thanks for the great recipe, I really enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious and easy too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on a pizza kick lately and my crust never comes out thin and crispy like yours! I am going to try the tip of poking it with a fork. I used to be a good pizza dough roller- maybe I am out of practice. That cream cheese spread sounds delish and your dill looks so fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combination of flavors in your smoked salmon pizza. Capers go so well with smoked salmon. Lvely setting too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful pizza..I love that you made it so crunchy! just perfect treat for sitting on the beach and enjoying the view! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious! Great recipe and fabulous pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crisp flat bread with smoked salmon this is perfect food for an evening on the beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pizza is so schtinkin' pretty, and the sunset looks amazing too. I'll bet you two have the loveliest time at your little waterfront cocktail parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kay! I don't really like pizzas but your smoked salmon pizza is so tempting and beautiful! I can see how thin & crispy (my fav!) your pizza is! :D
    This is the best R&R that everyone love with the beautiful sunset and yummy food+drink! ^.^
    *Your Caipirinha Cocktail looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this so much! I'm not a pizza person. I know that's weird but I just don't like too much dough, too much sauce and too much much cheese. Love the very thin crust and love the topping. It's tops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like my kind of sunset meal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing! So pretty, and just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great meal to accompany a beautiful sunset on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - what a delicious, beautiful pizza! The setting is incredible, too! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great dish for a romantic dinner on the beach! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Nami, sunset time is my favorite time on the beach. I don't really like sitting out in the sun even w/an umbrella...lol

    Pierre, I wasn't too sure about salmon pizza when I first saw it too, but now I love it!

    Thanks, Tina!

    Viviane, thank you so much, I really am fortunate that I have times like these :o)

    Thanks for visiting, ICanCook :o)

    Lindsey, do you use a pizza stone? I figured out that that makes a huge difference!

    Biren, yes, I also think capers go well w/smoked salmon...just like on a bagel!

    Thanks, Sandra, I also like pizza thin and crunchy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Kelly!

    Mike, this really is the perfect pizza for the beach :o)

    Shinae, thanks and yes, hubby & I have some good times together :o)

    Thank you so much Ann!

    Pola, I really am lucky, thanks!

    Lyn, so funny that you don't like pizza!

    Adora, what's nice about pizza is that you can put just about anything on it!

    Peggy, I agree :o)

    Thanks, Erin!!

    Thanks, Eating :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe I'll prefer homemade pizzas bcoz I prefer mine to be very thin & crispy which I couldn't find any nice ones in any of the pizza restaurants here in SG... :(
    Pizza Hut used to have the thin & crispy crust choice but not anymore with their new cheesy crusts which I find them too thick and those cheeses in the crusts are not those melted kinds that I like, instead, they're kinda like slightly hardened...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum indeed! What a great setting for a wonderful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lyn, I've given up on store bought pizzas too. It's actually very hard to find a good one!

    Thanks, Hester!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks incredible!!! I know I've copied Wolfgang's recipe before, but I've never gotten around to making it...and you've convinced me to make it soon~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Lizzy! This pizza was soooo easy to make! Hope you try it too soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Best of the Besr!!! The food is the best quality and the prices are reasonable. I am fussy but Wolfgang Puck is the best. The employees are happy and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We always come to this place.... thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete