Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dinner Tonight - Turkey Chili

 Ground Turkey Chili

It has sauteed onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce & spices. I actually put in left over Pico de Gallo I had made before.   I used a Masa Slurry to thicken it up.  I used turkey that was a mix of dark & white meat, I think all breast would have been to dry.  So the turkey doesn't get too mushy and over cooked, I added half the turkey to the chili mix and cooked it covered for 1 hour then added chunks of the rest of it and cooked it for another 40 mins uncovered.  The base recipe comes from Cooks Illustrated.  Since I've been so busy working on this blog, I forgot to soak the beans, so no beans in this chili;o)

I liked this chili, but I much prefer beef & pork in it, but it's good to try to be healthy sometimes.  Maybe next time I will try using Soyrizo!

 The condiments...


No comments:

Post a Comment