Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Orleans, LA - September 2009


Cafe du Monde


Everybody always says that you HAVE to go to Cafe du Monde when you are in NOLA. I thought the beignets were too sweet and greasy and I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but for some reason, I crave it all now;o)

Ramos Gin Fizz

Cocktails are my thing. My favorite now is a Manhattan made with Michter's Rye, Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth with a Luxardo Cherry...yum! My husband makes the best! My second choice of cocktail is Hendricks Up With a Twist or with Regular Bombay Gin...these are the easiest to make!

This is a Ramos Gin Fizz from the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone. I usually don't like sweet drinks, but I loved this! Where else can you get a cocktail with egg whites!

Sazerac

I'm pretty sure that this was a Sazerac at the Carousel Bar. It was good, but I'd rather have a Negroni :o)

BBQ'd Shrmip...All Gone...

My hands after having the BBQ'd shrimp at Mr. B's. Can you tell that I loved it! Love that they had the tails and heads still attached. I ordered grits to go with it. These photos were taken before I really got into taking food photos at restaurants, therefore, no pictures of the actual shrimp...

Galatoire's Restaurant

I love Galatoire's! I know it's not the best food, but it's so New Orleans. I love the old school feel of it and the waiters that have been there forever. I love the retroness of their anniversary water glass. (Maybe I love too much stuff...lol)

Souffled Potatoes and Fried Eggplant 

I'm not sure if the waiter was pulling our leg, but he told us to eat it with powdered sugar and Tabasco! Weird, but good. When I told my brother this, he said it doesn't sound weird, in Thai cuisine, vinegar, sugar & pepper are common ingredients.

I love this photo, it's quintessential Galatoire's! Whenever we go, we like to go late, so we don't have to wait in line. I think this is around 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment